Rotary blade level switch used for monitoring a level threshold, generally full or empty, in a silo or bin. Thanks to its high gas protection rating it is suitable for installation in places where explosive atmospheres may be present during normal operations. It features a sturdy die-cast aluminum casing and an excellent quality price ratio.
- Version for high temperatures up to 200°C and for contact with corrosive
- Has a double flange to drain off condensate.
- Easy to install: specific tools, settings or maintenance are not required.
- Versatile: can be installed in the vertical, horizontal or oblique positions.
- Probe can be adapted to the material monitored thanks to the wide range of paddles available.
- Provides a high standard of safety in the presence of explosive dusts/powders or gases.
- Extremely reliable, the instrument can be used in addition to radar, capacitive, ultrasound or continuous level probes as a safe signal.
II 1/2 D Ex ta/tb IIIC T85°C Da/Db Ta= -20°C ÷ +70°C
II 1/2G Ex d IIB T6 Ga/Gb Ta= -20°C ÷ +70°C
- Casing and cover in die-cast aluminium
- Shaft in AISI 303 / EN 1.4305 stainless steel on life-lubricated sealed bearings, with dust-tight retaining ring in NFKM
- All parts in contact with the product are in AISI 303 / EN 1.4305 or AISI 304 / EN 1.4301 stainless steel
- Double flange for condensate drain
- Broad range of paddles in AISI 304 / EN 1.4301 stainless steel
- Flanged process connection with 4 ø7 equidistasnt holes on ø120 mm pitch circle diameter
- Rotation speed 1 turn/minute
- Ambient temperature -20° ÷ +70°C (-4° ... +158°F)
- Process temperature -20° ÷ +200°C (-4° ... +392°F)
- Max process temperature 0,8 ÷ 1,1 bar (11,6 ÷ 15,9 psi)
- IP65 protection rating (dustproof, protection against water jets)
- Power consumption max 4 W
- Contact capacity 5A at 250V (AC)
- Micro switch SPDT output signal
Choice of paddle
An essential component that ensures the level indicator functions correctly, the paddle is the basis from which customizing starts since it can be adapted to every type of use.
To make the best choice, it is important to bear in mind the following 5 key points:
- Each material has a minimum density that must be detected by the instrument.
- The minimum diameter of the entry hole through which the paddle can pass if it cannot be installed inside.
- The diameter occupied by the paddle as it turns.
- The number of blades changes depending on the intensity of the disturbances to which the paddle is exposed.
- Polyamide or stainless steel, depending on the type of material with which the paddle comes into contact.